Vol 6. Issue 38 / December 11, 2006
The course is limited to 140 senior postdocs and junior faculty. Applications are due by Wednesday, December 20, 2006, and selected attendees will be notified in early January 2007. For more details and application information, see the course flyer and web site.
This version, which is compatible with Windows (XP or 2000) or Mac OS (10.3.6 or 10.4.x and up), offers improvements, such as:
• Improved "undo" for drag and drop in Macintosh,
• The ability to automatically convert version 4-7 libraries to version X (Macintosh),
• Improved URL path handling,
• Updated and expanded Connection Files, Output Styles, Import Filters, and Style Templates,
• Corrected issues with reference type assignments, Unicode character handling, and minor processor problems.
A new feature only available with EndNote X.0.2 is the “Transfer References” option to easily move and share references on the Internet with connectivity to “EndNote Web version” (coming later in December/January). Note: Version X.0.2 is required for transfer of references from EndNote Web version to your PC or Mac libraries. Version X and earlier versions are not compatible with the forthcoming Web version of EndNote.
EndNote X.0.2 requires the use of MS Word for Windows 2000, XP(2002), and 2003; or Word X and 2004 for Mac.
Follow these initial steps to upgrade to Endnote X.0.2:
• From the Scripps Research home page, click Library in the left menu, go to the
Software Downloads section, and click on EndNote, http://www.scripps.edu/library/software/endnote/. NOTE: If upgrading from version X, you must first copy any custom output styles or import filters to another folder, and then uninstall the old X version of EndNote.
• Follow the instructions to download either the Mac or the PC version.
Simply use your Scripps Research login (email login without the @scripps.edu) and password to gain access to the download software. You must be on the campus or using VPN to access the download pages. Libraries from EndNote 8 or 9 will open automatically in EndNote X.0.2. Libraries from versions 7 and older will be converted into version X.0.2. (EndNote X.0.2 is not backward compatible with version 7 and earlier.)
To copy files:
• In a PC, go to Local drive(C:) > Program Files >EndNote X; in a Mac, go to Hard drive > Applications > EndNote X,
• Output styles are found in the Styles folder,
• Input filters are found in the Filters folder,
• Highlight any you have changed,
• Copy and paste them to the Documents or My Documents folder.
After you install:
• Highlight and copy the files you saved,
• In a PC, go to: C:drive > Program Files > EndNote X; in a Mac, Hard disk > Applications > EndNote X,
• Paste the files into either the Styles folder or the Filters folder.
If you have any questions, please contact the Scripps Research Endnote site administrator Angela Murrell, at x4-8705 or email email@example.com.
Send comments to: mikaono[at]scripps.edu