Scripps Research Logo

International Services Office

Obtaining a Student Visa Document: New TSRI Graduate Students

Once a candidate has applied and is accepted to the graduate program at The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI), the Graduate Office will send an email with a link to the International Services Office intake forms, called VIVA. Students that will be entering the U.S. in F-1 visa status will be sent a Form I-20 visa document. Students entering in J-1 visa status will be sent a Form DS-2019 visa document. Documents are sent to the student by express mail (Federal Express). These forms are required to apply for either the F-1 or J-1 visa stamp needed to enter the U.S.